Remove this ad

Lead

Jan 22 11 6:21 PM

Tags : :

Hi all, of all the members on here that receive the Vintage Ford, who really has received their copy as Peter Kable put on the US forum that he had his but every body I ask has not got it yet. So have you received yours...I really can not stand late magazines as there is no reason for them to be late except for the third world system our postal service that we have.. Ray
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#2 [url]

Jan 23 11 6:05 AM

Re: Nov/Dec Vintage Ford.

I don't know why but our local post office told me that they are still recieving mail from the US dated as far back as dec 10.

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Jan 23 11 8:06 AM

Still waiting too, Peter told me he pays extra for airmail, the rest go by whatever means available.
Chris M.

I started out with nothing and still have most of it left!

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Jan 23 11 9:37 AM

Hi Guys, I use to pay airmail but as there where more and more adds it in and less items of interest and there is no sea mail any more so that meant it would have to come by air, I stopped paying the extra $40US and just got it like my fellow members out here... Ray

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Jan 23 11 3:52 PM

Hi cobbers, (the new greeting from me) well I just sent a email to the US club about the magazines, here is a condensed copy,
(We are now into the last week of January and the magazine has not turned up once again and this time I am not the only one.
Could you check with your printer please that they have posted them as now that there is only air mail between us they should have been here 5 weeks ago. I know that the US Post office is up the shit and ours is a third world operation and that's being nice to them but 5 weeks is beyond a joke if this guy is mucking every one around)

The Jan/Feb issue is due out now so do we get two in one go or wait 6weeks for that one as well, its time for the members out here to start asking questions instead of sitting on the hands and doing very little or nothing at all like most Australian as "the she'l be right will not work".... Ray

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Jan 23 11 7:02 PM

Well Ray, I for one have already said that if I can't get it any quicker I won't renew membership.
I know it is not MTFCA 's problem, but why bother a year later...............
Chris M,

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Jan 23 11 8:27 PM

Chris, as I said sitting around and saying that means stuff all as they have some one to take your place, that threat is used so ofter its lost its power but the more you push the better chance it will get fixed, fence sitting and words are why the world and us are in the mess we have... I have learned of late to take any one on and I do and when you bite back they take notice.. Ray

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Jan 24 11 6:37 PM

Ray, you may be right to make a fight of it, but I prefer to think the almighty dollar speaks loudest, and they won't be getting any more of mine.
Chris M.

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Jan 24 11 8:12 PM

Well Chris, I have to make a point of it as I payed up front years ago and they keep coming as long as the club keeps going.
My dollar threat would fall on deaf ears.. Ray

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Feb 1 11 11:50 PM

To all the members that get the vintage ford, we are now into the eight week mark of waiting and the next one should be posted (jan/feb 2011) its now up to you to stand up and be counted and voice your complaint as the US club seems to not want to help, its time to get off the fence and being a silent few and tell them to fix it or at least explain and as Chris has made a comment in a thread which is a start and I have sent emails but how about you guys getting some grit and pull your weight and do some emails to Jay or the board of management or post on the US forum to fix the problem.
DONT HIDE AND THINK SOME ONE ELSE WILL FIX IT AS IT WONT HAPPEN, ....I am not going to fight battles to get my magazine and you just come for the ride.... Ray Green

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#11 [url]

Feb 2 11 8:18 AM

I have just had a email back from Jay, as per this quote.
The Vintage Ford magazines were mailed on December 9, 2010 (the Nov-Dec 2010 issue). many members from U.S. and even California did not receive their magazines until early or mid-January. I contacted the postal service in Bakersfield, CA early on and was told all the magazines were mailed on Dec 9 and none were delayed.
I spent a hour today taking to Australia post with no joy on where they are, I was told the back log is cleared and if they got here we should have them. As it is claimed all post now comes via air mail then it must be on a Bi plane but I think its coming sea mail as thats the only reason out side that they have been sent to Austria, I will contact the Bakersfield post office as soon as I get the email address or phone number as Jay is on Holidays till next week and I chased him up while he was away so I could be double banned also the members can contact the US post office to find out where our magazines have gone as more voices help..
I have asked for some information on the US forum and I hate even going there but we need a US Senator to act for us and my relative in California has a uncle who is a ex Senator so I have asked for details off him as well, as I said before I am not doing this for my self so you could come and help as its your magazine as well...
I will also post the email address and contact at bakers field post office for you to contact soon. .... Ray

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

Feb 9 11 11:58 PM

Hi all, well I have moved the fight into the US post office and on to the local Congressman. Today I called the Printer in Bakersfield and we started tracking the magazines, he took them to the USPS bulk mail centre in Bakersfield on the 9th December 2010. From there it is claimed that they moved them straight out and so I have rung the manager of the centre and now have to names two people to contact and have since spoken to one of them today and will be talking to both of them tomorrow where I will move to the next port of call.
While I was at it I checked the USPS web site and came up with a question and answer section as listed below...

Q) Who do I contact if my magazine / periodical is late?
A) If you are experiencing a delay in receiving magazines or periodicals, please contact the publisher of the magazine to ensure that they have your correct information and that the subscription has not expired. If the issue is recurring and you have already contacted the magazine publisher, please call 1-800-ASK-USPS (1-800-275-8777) to have Customer Service research the problem.
Well I have met the postal service trainee spin doctor.
After talking to him for 15 minutes he removed all doubt as to what he was, His answer is that the Magazines are second class mail and are sent at that rate, it means that they are in boxes on the wing of the plane, well no luck. I pointed out that they are air mail and are first class and he would not budge that are second class and that it.
I then asked well where are they and when where they sent and his answer was that seeing they are second class that do not have to send them in any hurry and will move when they feel like it so I asked could I expect them in the next hundred years and he did confirm that it will be sooner than that. I asked for a time of shipment and we started the going round in circles type answer so I pointed out that my next stop was congress and was left with the answer (we will send them when ready which to me translate to Who Cares, so much for the so called best post office in the world. I asked for his name so I could ad it to my list and he refused any more help and good bye. I have no moved onto the Congressman from Michigan who I have detail;s of and he was unavailable at that time but call back tomorrow so I will.
NOW WE NEED TO KNOW, HAVE YOU RECEIVED YOUR MAGAZINE PLEASE.
so contact me ASAP, I want my magazine and I will most probably get yours but how about some help from you guys instead of sitting back on your hands as this is 90 magazines that have gone. 17 to Victoria, 18 to Queensland, 2 to Western Australia, 1 to ACT, ! to Tassie and 6 to South Australia and the rest to New South Wales... total cost of replacement has reached $810USD which other members now have to pick up the bill or the end result could be that you will no longer receive a hard copy magazine but a PDF file so think about that.... Ray

Quote    Reply   

#13 [url]

Feb 10 11 8:15 AM

Well the first one has shown up as Tom Bergman got his yesterday but that still leaves90 to go so at ten weeks it would seem that sea mail is still alive and kicking no mater what the post office said... Please let me know as they turn up... Ray

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

Feb 10 11 4:00 PM

Got mine today too.
My complaint is not with the MTFCA as they are unfortunately at the mercy of USPS, but I probably will not bother renewing.
I understand the magazine is important to some people though and until the postal service get their act together this will happen again.
There has already been discussion of sending it on disc, or emailing as a pdf file, but as some folks do not care for computers, or have poor internet service, or a dial-up connection, this will never satisfactorily replace a real paper magazine.
As another example of USPS service, I last year bought a copy of a rare book called 'King Of The Boards' about the twenties racer Jimmy Murphy (who won the 1921 French Grand Prix and the '22 Indy 500 as well as countless borad track races) from a respected book dealer in New York.
He mailed it at great expense by the supposed reliable and fast trackable signed for service.
Tracking it from this end showed he mailed it from New York on time, and two days later it was at Chicago airport. Then a couple of days later the USPS tracking system showed it as being in customs clearance in Russia!
How it got there, I don't know, but I would assume a basic requirement for USPS staff handling mail would be an ability to read, and a knowledge of some geography, so whichever idiot in Chicago put it on a plane to Russia does not qualify for the job.
Ok?
Anyway, thanks to the continuous efforts of the seller in New York, who hounded USUPS daily (and kept me informed at all times) they finally managed, two weeks later, to get the Russian customs to return it to the USA, from where it was eventually forwarded here.
$45 for a so called safe, secure express post was a total waste.
This is not my only beef with USPS, but you get the picture.
Good luck Ray, but I suspect flying over to Centreville (or Bakersfield) every two months will be your only sure answer.
I am off to read my OLD mag' now!
Chris Martin.

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

Feb 11 11 8:49 AM

Interesting comments re USPS. I buy stuff from the US quite frequently and it always gets here within about 2 weeks; last thing about a fortnight ago and it got here in a week.

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

Feb 11 11 3:24 PM

John, maybe you've been lucky, or it depends what service it goes by.
My book that went to Russia was a stuff-up by someone ok, but otherwise I have found only for the last four to six months that regular mail has been very erratic.
Where for example a book mailed by Global Priority would take a week, more recently may have taken a month.
Larger packages, like my last order from Langs (a big heavy box, $100 air freight) arrived in less than a week, as did a set of new genuine Mercedes seat covers from California, again a large package.
It is just the regular mail that seems to get delayed.
Maybe there is an explanation, but it has been happening too often to ignore.
Chris M.

Quote    Reply   

#17 [url]

Feb 11 11 5:57 PM

Hi John, you are right as I get letters in one week after posting but there is a big difference with you getting some small item or the odd box compared to a printer walking into a bulk mail centre with thousands of magazines and 90 are for posting to here, they have a problem with the people that they employ that are not that well educated as us so Australia can become Austria and the mess was caused by some one at the US mail centre in California who is in the same league as the person I spoke to in Washington DC who said the magazines are second class mail and go when the post office is ready and not before so they held them. They are first class postage and they just stopped our mail on what their little brains was told and retained. Just check when the next magazine Jan/Feb turns up as it was posted today at Bakersfield.. 11th February
The answer is that the bag must have First Class mail stamped on it and then who knows if the guy loading them can read or speak english.
If we are unlucky the same person will stop it for 9 weeks again as well and I am not ringing the US again to fight the battle for the members so you can ring or write next time if you want to to get your late magazine, it should take 14 days max. to get here, I'm now looking after number one from now on so good luck... Ray

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

Feb 14 11 12:20 PM

I have to say I think this is one of the most non-interesting editions of "The Vintage Ford". Take the pages upon pages of tour stuff from the US that I didn't attend & don't read and the 3 month old for sale notices it left 1 page about ice cream that I found interesting...I hope the Board of Directors & the editors take note and go back to restoration articles. Wasn't worth the money in my opinion. Dave C.

Quote    Reply   

#19 [url]

Feb 14 11 2:56 PM

David Chantrell wrote:
I have to say I think this is one of the most non-interesting editions of "The Vintage Ford". Take the pages upon pages of tour stuff from the US that I didn't attend & don't read and the 3 month old for sale notices it left 1 page about ice cream that I found interesting...I hope the Board of Directors & the editors take note and go back to restoration articles. Wasn't worth the money in my opinion. Dave C.

Seconded.
Chris M.

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Feb 14 11 9:20 PM

Hi Guys, since I do not have my copy as of yet I can not comment but two other people said the same thing so I would take it that I wasted my time and money to get them sorted out? If they are that bad then put up some comments on the US forum in the thread I started as This guy made a comment that could help out but I am not doing any more.. Ray

(By Dena & Dennis Gorder, Baraboo, WI on Thursday, February 03, 2011 - 06:17 pm:
Just an FYI, this will be a topic we will be discussing at the annual meeting in early March. We do understand how this upsets our members. We have had delivery issues in the past, however, the December issue appears to be worse. I have been gathering delivery information since the first thread started with domestic delivery in mid to late December. I do have access to postal "experts" and will get some guidance from them prior to the March meeting.)

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help