Remove this ad

Lead

Apr 19 11 9:39 PM

Tags : :

Hi Everyone,

I've began to attach the front backrest to the car. The seat cushions are already done. I've tacked the top and bottom of the backrest from the center up to where it starts to curve forward. My car did not have the correct interior so I'm unsure how and where it should be tacked in the front passenger door area (my car is LHD with no driver's door) and also the rear door areas. Also, what do I do about the steel rods that come out of the armrests that hold the top...must I cut a hole in the leather? Be good to see some photos of where the tacks go on a correct 1913 interior in the front and rear door/armrest areas. Thanks.

Below photos are how my old interior was tacked in the front and rear door area.

--------------------

Click here to view the attachment
Click here to view the attachment
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#2 [url]

Apr 22 11 11:30 PM

Re: Help needed with 1913 Touring interior

David,

Thanks, great photo. I've also looked at a few other photos and I think I now understand how the backrests need to be tacked in the door area.

My other question still remains. Do holes need to be put in armrest area of the leather backrests for the irons that the top rests on? If yes, what's the best way to make these holes?

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help